Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ober Gatlinburg announced this week that they will be reopening the Aerial Tramway and other mountain activities on Friday, May 22.
Ober Gatlinburg Ski Area and Amusement Park is Tennessee’s only ski area and a year-round family friendly destination. Ober has many seasonal activities including rock wall climbing, mini golf, a mountain coaster, chairlift, water rides and more.
The company announced in a press release that they will be implementing a phased opening strategy that follows the recommendations of Governor Bill Lee as well as suggestions from the CDC.
The shops and food service in the Downtown Tramway Mall opened on May 1 with the goal to begin the economic rebuild of Gatlinburg while continuing to encourage safety amongst employees and guests. The May 1 opening included the LeConte Deli, Ski Mountain Grind Haus, Tramway Gifts, Pepper Palace, Chocolate Monkey, Silver Galleon, Spa to Go and Green River Gallery.
For the May 22 opening of the Aerial Tramway and other mountain activities, Ober Gatlinburg will have protocols in place for the safety and wellbeing of guests and employees.
- Receive training on health and safety protocols
- Receive temperature checks and be sent home if temperatures are 100.4 degrees or higher
- Use face masks (food service and janitorial employees)
- Sanitize card readers after every purchase
- Receive a complimentary bottle of hand sanitizer for each Aerial Tramway transaction and each car parking on the mountain to encourage use while on site
- Be encouraged to follow social distancing with new guidelines and increased signage
For the reopening, Ober Gatlinburg is encouraging all guests and employees to work together to create a fun yet safe environment.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.