Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Gatlinburg’s SkyLift Park, home of the famous SkyBridge, has bumped up their re-opening date to May 22. The re-opening date was initially scheduled for May 29.
“We are very excited to welcome guests back to the Gatlinburg SkyLift Park to enjoy the outdoors, fresh mountain air, and mountain views,” reads a press release on the website.
The policy on their website currently states, “We highly recommend that all guests visiting the SkyLift Park wear a face covering, and we will be providing them to those who may not have their own.”
A representative from the park said, “The CDC recommends the use of facial coverings in areas where social distancing may be hard to maintain. We are recommending that guests bring a face covering to use in areas where it may be hard to maintain social distancing (like lines and the SkyBridge). If they do not have one, we will kindly ask that they would consider taking one that we will provide them, free of charge.”
“By implementing this policy based off of the Tennessee Pledge and CDC guidelines, the guest will be well prepared upon arrival at the SkyLift Park,” the representative continued. “Just like guests expect the attractions to do our part, we also recommend they do their part as well. All of our employees are wearing masks/shields, sanitizing, wearing gloves, using plexiglas at selling stations, getting temperatures checked by management before each shift and cleaning lift chairs/and bridge throughout the day.”
The park is asking guests to:
- Please wear face coverings while at the SkyLift Park, and particularly on the SkyBridge.
- Be patient and follow instructions while purchasing tickets and loading the SkyLift as they have adjusted their procedures to allow greater spacing between guests.
- Purchase tickets at the base of the SkyLift, and use credit and debit cards as online purchases will not be available.
- Be respectful of other guests’ personal space and practice social distancing with six-foot separations whenever possible.
- Limit your visit to one hour to help maintain the flow of guests throughout the park.
SkyLift Park is also committing to following social distancing and sanitization standards including:
- Controlling the number of guests allowed into the SkyLift Park to allow for greater spacing.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of SkyLift chairs every two hours.
- Cleaning handrails on the SkyDeck and SkyBridge as well as other surfaces and touch points within the SkyCenter multiple times daily.
- Requiring all employees to wear face coverings and using applicable Personal Protective Equipment.
- Train all employees in COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, including having their temperature taken before each shift.
- Installing glass shields at all ticket sales points.
Hours will be from 9 am to 11 pm from now until Labor Day. The ticket window closes at 10 pm and the last chair goes up at 10:30 pm.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.