Anakeesta unveiled their latest addition to the park last week, the all-new Black Bear Village, marking the final phase of their $6.5 million expansion.
The 2020 expansion included a the new AnaVista observation tower, a bandstand a new gathering place and the highly anticipated Cliff Top restaurant.
The Cliff Top name might sound familiar to frequent Anakeesta goers as it used to be the name of the original restaurant at the entrance of the park. That restaurant has been renamed Smokehouse and will now be serving up house-smoked meats, wings and southern barbeque classics.
The new climate-controlled Cliff Top restaurant in Black Bear Village offers indoor and outdoor seating – plus 360-degree sweeping mountain views. Cliff Top serves local flavors and modern American cuisine, featuring hand-cut steaks, entree salads, savory appetizers, scratch made sauces and desserts – with everything made to order from 11 am until one hour before Anakeesta closes.
“This is a destination restaurant for the casual diner with a slightly elevated menu featuring a 32-ounce bone-in Cowboy Ribeye and gourmet burgers. The unparalleled views of Mt. LeConte make it unlike anything in Tennessee,” said Anakeesta Co-Founder Karen Bentz.
What’s on the menu at Anakeesta’s Cliff Top restaurant?
Appetizers (Great Beginnings)
- Chef’s Charcuterie Board – A selection of meats and cheeses sourced from regional farms
- House Battered Fried Green Tomatoes – Beer battered, bleu cheese dressing, feta and peppadew
- Balsamic Brussels – Fried crispy, drizzled with bacon, vinaigrette
- Peppadew Pimento Dip – Southern pimento cheese, peppadew, crisp crostini, carrots and celery
- Blistered Shishito Peppers – Maldon sea salt, lemon zest, peach pepper aioli
- Smokehouse Wings – Slow smoked chicken wings basted in our house-made sauce. Choose your style, hot, mild, honey, garlic, parmesan, teriyaki, or cajun (full pound)
- Hiker’s Salad – Field greens, sliced apples, almonds, aged cheddar, tomato slices
- Chef Seasonal Salad – Chef inspired salad with seasonal vegetables and fruit
- The Caesar – Crisp romaine, house croutons, shaved imported parmesan. Served with homemade dressing
- House Salad – Organic greens, tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, carrots, red onion
Seafood, Pork, and Steaks Entrees
- Scallops – Mushroom risotto, grapefruit, beet foam and asparagus tips
- Local Filet of Trout – Sauteed broccolini, couscous, squash puree
- Ribs – Braised and smoked, smoky chipotle BBQ, served with fries
- Pork Oso Bucco – Garlic mash potatoes, peppercorn gravy
- Bone-in Cheshire Pork Chop – Succotash, white balsamic chutney
- Cowboy Ribeye – 32 oz bone-in USDA prime cut, char-grilled, serves two
- Ribeye Certified Angus Beef – Well-marbled cut, best choice for peak flavor
- Filet – 9 oz, center cut of angus beef, simply seasoned
Sandwich and Burger Entrees
- El Royal – Hand selected beef, quarter pound burger, thick cut, champagne aioli, topped with a fried egg
- The Classic – Hand selected beef, quarter pound burger, thick cut, cheddar, onion marmalade arugula
- The Cliff Top – Spicy fried chicken, honey aioli, pepper jack, house pickle arugula
- The Veggie Burger – Chipotle black bean burger, cheddar onion marmalade, arugula
- Garlic Mash
Anakeesta is located at 576 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN.
The adventure to the top of Anakeesta starts with a scenic ride on the Chondola or Ridge Rambler from the Gatlinburg Parkway (near traffic light #5). Guests riding the open-air vehicles on Anakeesta’s private road now arrive in Black Bear Village – even closer to the new AnaVista Tower that opened this summer with 360-degree vistas from the highest point in downtown Gatlinburg.
This Autumn is also the perfect time to experience Anakeesta’s Tree-Top Skywalk, the longest tree-based skywalk in North America; Haunted Rail Runner; Night-Time Ziplining; and Movies on the Mountain (Fridays and Saturdays in October). Visit www.anakeesta.com or call 865-325-2400 for tickets and more information, including current hours.