Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dollywood’s Harvest Festival and LumiNights celebration is officially underway in Pigeon Forge featuring special treats, live entertainment, larger-than-life displays and thousands of illuminated pumpkins.
Dollywood is a popular destination in the fall, attracting tens of thousands of guests from all over the country.
But if you really want to enjoy the Dollywood Harvest Festival like a pro, there are a few things you should know before you go.
1. How long does the Dollywood Harvest Festival and LumiNights last?
This year, Dollywood’s Harvest Festival will run from Sept. 25 through Oct. 31. Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas will follow soon after starting Nov. 7 through Jan, 3, 2021.
2. Why is Dollywood closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays?
Dollywood is currently operating on a limited schedule and will be closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the festival. While the park hasn’t publicly stated the reasoning behind these limited hours, it isn’t entirely unusual for Dollywood to close on select days, or operate on a reduced schedule throughout the fall and winter season.
For the most up-to-date information, check out the park’s operating calendar at Dollywood.com.
3. Can I get into the park just to see LumiNights at a reduced ticket price?
As part of this year’s event, Dollywood is also offering guests a new way to enjoy LumiNights without having to pay full admission price.
From now through Oct. 30, guests can book a special admission ticket online for just $35 plus tax for entry into the park after 5 pm – which is a huge discount when compared to the regular daily admission price of $79.
This offer excludes Saturdays, and limited tickets are available. It’s the most economical way to enjoy the highlights of the Harvest Festival and LumiNights.
Guests can expect to enjoy roughly an hour of daylight when entering the park around 5 pm with sunset usually falling around 7:30 pm during the month of October.
These special “after dark” tickets must be purchased in advance online at Dollywood.com.
4. Can you wear a Halloween costume at Dollywood?
Traditionally, guests who wish to wear Halloween costumes to the park have been permitted to do so but have been asked to abide by the following guidelines:
- Non-PPE facial coverings, such as costume masks may not be worn (wig, hats or other accessories may be worn as long as they do not cover the face).
- Guests may not dress as Dolly Parton or Santa.
- Portions of costumes may need to be removed when boarding attractions based on the loose article requirements.
- Costume accessories may not look like a weapon of any kind and no accessory can be sharp or have any component that could cause injury.
- Costumes may not drag the ground or cause a trip hazard.
- Onesies may not be worn.
- Face paint worn into the park may not be overly gruesome or cover the entire face to where the guest’s identity is altered.
- Male guests must wear t-shirts, muscle shirts, tank tops or opaque shirts buttoned at least 2/3 of the way up from the waist, and must wear slacks or shorts that completely cover the buttocks.
- Female guests must wear t-shirts, tank tops, halter-tops, opaque shirts, blouses or dresses that are buttoned at least 2/3 of the way up from the waist, and must wear slacks, skirts, dresses or shorts that completely cover the buttocks.
5. Does Dollywood serve alcohol?
Dollywood does not serve or sell alcohol. Dollywood is and always has been a dry theme park, and will remain dry throughout the Harvest Festival event.
6. How can I guarantee entry with limited park capacity?
Dollywood is still operating at a reduced capacity. While reservations are not required for entry, they are required for guaranteed entry and highly recommended.
Dollywood decided to remove the reservation requirement in mid-July to make trip-planning simpler for guests based on reviews and satisfaction scores.
Season passholders are advised to make reservations online using Dollywood’s Reservation Portal. One-day and multi-day pre-purchased dated tickets also essentially serve as a reservation. By purchasing a ticket online ahead of time, you are securing yourself a place in line with no further action required.
Dated tickets may be purchased online at Dollywood.com.
Dollywood’s Harvest Festival is presented by Humana, and Great Pumpkin LumiNights is presented by Covenant Health. Dollywood is open 10 am – 9 pm each day of operation (Sept. 25- Oct. 31, 2020) during the Harvest Festival. The park is closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the festival. For more information and a park operating calendar, please visit www.dollywood.com or call 1-800-DOLLYWOOD.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.