Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad (GSMR) in Bryson City North Carolina has announced the return of passenger train operations, scheduled for Thursday, June 4. The Model Train Museum and Gift Shop will also reopen on this date. All entities will be operating under state and CDC recommendations.
“As we begin this process, our top priority remains the safeguard of our visitors, employees and community,” GSMR stated in a press release.
Passenger trains will be offering seating in Open Air Gondolas, Standard Coach and Crown Class. Reservations must be pre-booked prior to arrival. First Class service will temporarily be suspended until August 1.
Food service will be limited to pre-ordered box lunches only. The GSMR will be following all health and safety guidelines, including social distancing and six feet of space between seating and public areas.
GSMR will be asking guests to adhere to the following:
- Follow CDC and state health and safety guidelines.
- Book reservations online or over the phone before arriving on the property.
- Practice social distancing, be courteous in enclosed spaces and be prepared with cashless payments.
- Limit large gatherings and adhere to stated occupancy maximums for any given area.
- Follow proper hand washing guidelines.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Remain seated in your assigned passenger coach during your round trip.
- In open seating areas, do not sit in non-designated seating. Non-designated seating will be noted by tape or signage.
- Plan ahead for lunch service by pre-booking one of the freshly-prepared box picnic lunch options.
- Stay home if you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of flu or COVID-19. GSMR will work with guests to cancel or reschedule reservations without penalty when done in advance.
- Please wear a face covering while at the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad upon arriving in the parking lot and Bryson City Depot and throughout your experience.
Additionally, the operating schedule for summer of 2020 has been altered. These changes can be found online. Guests who currently hold reservations for cancelled trains or affected classes of seating will be notified with the option of seating change, rescheduling or cancellation.
Guests may also call the reservations line at 1-800-872-4681 from 9 am to 5 pm EST or email [email protected].
For more information and to see a full list of procedures, visit their website here.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.