Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
No trip to the Smokies is complete without sampling some of our world-famous moonshine. But with so many amazing distilleries to choose from, the options may seem overwhelming. If you’re planning a moonshine tour for your upcoming trip to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Sevierville, start here with our list of top seven moonshine distilleries in the Smokies. Don’t forget to tip your servers!
1. Sugarlands Distilling Company
Sugarlands is a popular attraction where guests are invited to taste samples of spirits, take behind-the-scenes tours and shop for merchandise and apparel. The hosts are notorious for being personable, knowledgable and entertaining. Sugarlands is the official moonshine of NASCAR. Tastings are just $5.
- Address: 805 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Phone: (865) 325-1355
- Website: sugarlands.com
- Insider tip: Some tours require closed-toe shoes.
2. Ole Smoky
Ole Smoky was the first federally licensed distillery in the history of East Tennessee. They have 3 locations in the Smokies: “The Holler” and “The Barrelhouse” in Gatlinburg and “The Barn” in Pigeon Forge (at The Island). All locations have merchandise and apparel for sale, and tastings are just $5.
- The Holler: 902 Parkway, Suite 128, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- The Barrelhouse: 650 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- The Barn: 131 The Island Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 436-6995
- Website: olesmoky.com
- Insider tip: Check out “The Holler” location to catch some live music.
3. Old Forge Distillery
The Old Forge Distillery is a boutique distillery with flavored spirits, tastings and a gift shop, located at the Old Mill district in Pigeon Forge. The Old Mill is a landmark in the area as one of the oldest, continuously operating mills in the country. The tasting bar is open daily.
- Address: 170 Old Mill Ave, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 774-4126
- Website: oldforgedistillery.com
- Insider tip: Be sure to try the Oatmeal Cookie flavor.
4. Doc Collier Distillery
Doc Collier Distillery is an old-fashioned country store featuring homemade liquors and a tasting room. Named after William “Doc” Collier, who was a local moonshiner, the distillery uses the same recipes that Doc used during prohibition. Staff will also show guests around the production area upon request. Tastings are just $5.
- Address: 519 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Phone: (865) 325-1468
- Website: doccollier.com
- Insider tip: The $5 tasting comes with a coupon worth $5 on any single item in the store.
5. Old Tennessee Distilling Co.
Old Tennessee Distilling Co. produces corn whiskey, rum, gin and moonshine. Tastings are free and cocktails are available for $5. Located in Kodak, it’s a good option for those who are looking for something a little further out from the hustle and bustle of the most crowded areas of the Smokies.
- Address: 3605 Outdoor Sportsman Place, Kodak, TN 37764
- Phone: (865) 401-2574
- Website: oldtennesseedistillingco.com
- Insider tip: Whiskey flights are available for $5.
6. Tennessee Shine Company
Tennessee Shine Company is a craft distillery with locations in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. They offer tours and free tastings with approximately 20 flavors of moonshine. Free tastings are available each day of the week.
- Teaster Lane: 3435 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Wears Valley: 3303 Wears Valley Road, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Phone: (865)286-4262 / (865) 366-3204
- Website: tnshineco.com
- Insider tip: Ask about the Bloody Mary mix.
7. Smith Creek Moonshine
Smith Creek is a moonshine-tasting destination conveniently located at Tanger Outlets in Sevierville. The store offers bottled shines, apparel, jams, dry rubs and more. Popular flavors include Sweet Tea, Apple Pie, Salted Caramel and Peach.
- Address: 1645 Parkway, Suite 1090, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Phone: (888) 906-2596
- Website: smithcreekmoonshine.com
- Insider tip: Smith Creek offers free samples!
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.