Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Editor’s note: Spring Rod Run in Pigeon Forge has been cancelled since this update as of May 27. Read the update here.
On May 15, Tennessee’s Economic Recovery Group announced it will lift capacity restrictions on restaurants and retail effective May 22. The new guidelines will also facilitate the safe reopening of larger attractions.
Following this announcement, the Pigeon Forge Rod Run Facebook page posted an update commenting on the lifted restrictions saying that the Spring Rod Run dates for June are “looking good.”
Rod Run was originally scheduled earlier this spring and was postponed due to the coronavirus. There are normally two Rod Run shows, one in the spring and one in the fall.
Rod Run is now scheduled to take place June 11-13.
Editor’s note: This event has since been cancelled.
Rod Run is a popular 3-day event geared toward car enthusiasts with a $10,000 cash giveaway and Top 25 and Ultimate 5 awards. Rod Run is the area’s largest automotive event and will be returning to its original location at the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge. The newly renovated location will allow for even more cars and more vendors this year.
Rod Run is a hugely popular event, and due to its popularity, traffic is notoriously bad during the weekend of Rod Run. If you are traveling the weekend of Rod Run, aim to travel early, avoid the Parkway, walk as much as possible or use the trolley.
Other car shows for the 2020 season include:
- Ponies in the Smokies (Sevierville Convention Center, July 29-Aug. 1)
- Spring Corvette Expo (LeConte Event Center, Aug. 7-8)
- Chevelles in the Smokies Show (LeConte Event Center, Aug. 7-8)
- Horsepower and Hot Rods (LeConte Event Center, Aug. 7-8)
- Grand National F-100 Reunion (LeConte Event Center, Aug. 13-15)
- Smoky Mountain Pedal Car Show (Country Cascades, Aug. 19-22)
- Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion (LeConte Event Center, Aug. 20-22)
- Shades of the Past (Dollywood’s Splash Country, Sept. 11-12)
- Fall Rod Run (LeConte Event Center, Sept. 17-19)
- Bronco Super Celebration (Talley Ho Inn, Oct. 7-10)
- Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge (Mainstay Suites, Oct. 16-17)
- Great Smoky Mountain Auto Fest (Smokies Stadium, Oct. 17-18)
For more information on the Spring Rod Run event, visit their website here.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.