Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re not sure where go in the Smoky Mountains and want to learn more about the area, consider one of these tours with an expert who knows the mountains like the back of their hand. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite tour companies to help you plan your next trip to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
1. Smoky Mountain Pink® Jeep® Tours
Pink® Jeep® Adventure Tours has been in business since 1960, and their tours of the Smoky Mountains offer some of the best information, views and off-roading experiences in town. The tours range from about 2-3 hours long. Guests choose from Roaring Fork, Newfound Gap, Valleys and Views and Foothills Parkway tours.
- Adult ticket prices: $64-74 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 2611 Parkway, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (844) 710-7465
- Website: pinkjeepadventuretours.com/tours/smoky-mountain-tours
- Insider tip: The guides will tell you that the tours are like their children. There are no favorites!
2. Scenic Helicopter Tours
One way to get a bird’s eye view of the Smoky Mountains is to do so from a helicopter. Scenic Helicopter Tours offers surprisingly affordable rates, starting as low as $29 per person, and there is no age limit to ride. The tours range from 8 miles long to 90 miles long. The prices increase with the length of the tour.
- Adult ticket prices: $29 and up (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 1965 Parkway, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 453-6342
- Website: scenichelicoptertours.com
- Insider tip: The prices will increase with the length of the tours.
3. Double Decker Bus Tours
Double Decker Bus Tours offers a variety of specialty tours that can accommodate the whole family. Hop on or hop off the buses as you make your way through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg (London style), or choose from a variety of specialty tour routes. Whether you’re on a party bus or a calm tour of Cade’s Cove, Double Decker Bus Tours has something for everyone.
- Adult ticket prices: $24.99 and up (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 2828 Parkway, Suite 16, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 384-4786
- Website: doubledeckerbustours.com
- Insider tip: Some tours operate through a shuttle bus instead of a double decker.
4. Tennessee Mountain Tours
Tennessee Mountain Tours lets you tour the mountains from the comfort of a shuttle bus. The tours offer views, wine tastings and classic scenic routes around the Smoky Mountains. Enjoy specialty, seasonal tours and learn all about the Smokies from knowledgeable and personable guides. Tennessee Mountain Tours also offers UTV rentals.
- Adult ticket prices: $18.99 and up (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 153 E. Wears Valley Road, Suite 10, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 455-6981
- Website: tnmountaintours.com
- Insider tip: Discounts are offered for seniors, military and groups of more than ten.
5. Rocky Top Tours
Rocky Top Tours offers tours of the Great Smoky Mountains through the comfort of a mini-coach. The tour options include the Smoky Mountains Special Tour, Historical Cades Cove, Dolly’s Rags to Riches and Foothills Parkway. This company also offers a charter to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino.
- Adult ticket prices: $40 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 2828 Parkway, Suite 20, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 429-8687
- Website: rockytoptours.com
- Insider tip: Passengers who charter to Harrah’s receive $25 in coin play.
6. Gatlinburg Haunts
Gatlinburg Haunts offers ghost and history tours, which operate year-round. Guests learn about the dark side of Gatlinburg’s history as they visit iconic sites around the city. The tours last about one hour and cover one mile.
- Adult ticket prices: $19.25 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: Tours begin at 115 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Website: ghostsofgatlinburg.com
- Insider tip: These tours are family-friendly and historical.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.