There’s a lot to do around the Great Smoky Mountains, and it can be intimidating to decide where to begin for first-timers.
If you’re not sure where go in the Smokies and want to learn more about the area, consider one of these tours with an expert who knows the mountains like the back of their hand.
We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite tour companies to help you plan your next trip to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
It’s also worth noting, there are many tours on booking sites such as Tripster and Viator.
For example, if you want to do a specialty moonshine tour, you may enjoy this half-day tour that teaches you how moonshine is traditionally distilled, and maybe even take a look behind-the-scenes with a distiller as you try plenty of samples, too.
Smoky Mountain tours around Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
While you can browse booking sites, you can also look at the companies as a whole. Many of the tours available will have different accommodations for different tastes.
And luckily, there are several options around the Great Smoky Mountains.
Whether you want to walk around town or ride in the comfort of a van, or prefer some light-hearted humor with your tour, there is likely an option for you.
Note, all prices may vary by season and are subject to change.
But hopefully, this helps to give you a starting point when selecting the best tour for you as you explore the Great Smoky Mountains with a tour guide:
1. Smoky Mountain Pink Jeep Tours
Pink Jeep Adventure Tours has been in business since 1960, and their tours of the Smoky Mountains offer some of the best information, views and off-roading experiences in town. The tours range from about 2-3 hours long. Guests choose from Roaring Fork, Newfound Gap, Valleys and Views and Foothills Parkway tours.
- Adult ticket prices: $64-74
- Address: 2611 Parkway, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (844) 710-7465
- Website: pinkjeepadventuretours.com
- Insider tip: The guides will tell you that the tours are like their children. There are no favorites!
Read More: Smoky Mountain Pink Jeep Tour review: Not the tour you’re expecting
2. Scenic Helicopter Tours
One way to get a bird’s eye view of the Smoky Mountains is to do so from a helicopter. Scenic Helicopter Tours offers surprisingly affordable rates, starting as low as $29 per person, and there is no age limit to ride. The tours range from 8 miles long to 90 miles long. The prices increase with the length of the tour.
- Adult ticket prices: $39 and up (check Tripster before you go for current specials)
- Address: 1965 Parkway, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 453-6342
- Website: scenichelicoptertours.com
- Insider tip: The prices will increase with the length of the tour.
3. Gatlinburg Comedy Tours
Gatlinburg Comedy Tours takes guests on an informative, funny walk through downtown Gatlinburg. They offer family-friendly walking tours, 21+ adult walking tours and more. Tours usually last 90 minutes.
- Adult ticket prices: $40-50 (may vary by tour, subject to change)
- Address: Tour address given upon reservation
- Phone: (865) 297-3014
- Website: gatlinburgcomedytours.com
- Insider tip: The tours make frequent stops, but be sure to wear good shoes.
4. Redneck Comedy Bus Tour
Take a tour of the Smoky Mountains, “redneck” style. Bring a good sense of humor and find out the difference between a hillbilly and a redneck, as well as the difference between white lightening and Mountain Dew. Take in the scenery and the laughs with some redneck locals.
- Adult ticket prices: $25-35 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: Meets at 177 E Wears Valley Rd, Ste 23, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Website: theredneckbus.com/all-bus-tours/smoky-mountains
- Insider tip: The tour is considered to be PG-14
5. My Bigfoot Adventure Tours
Adventure in the Great Smoky Mountains as you look for Bigfoot, see beautiful scenery and learn about local history. My Bigfoot Adventure offers scenic motor tours, moonshine and wine tours, bachelorette and bachelor party tours. Mention you heard about them from TheSmokies.com for a special discount (some exclusions may apply)!
- Adult ticket prices: Call for details
- Phone: (865) 388-0099
- Website: mybigfootadventure.com
- Insider tip: Discounts are available for seniors and military
6. Wildwater Jeep Tours
Wildwater offers two-hour Jeep Adventures that feature an open-air ride with a knowledgeable guide. Guests will learn about the rich culture and history of the area.
- Adult ticket prices: $59.99 and up (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 3555 Hartford Rd, Hartford TN 37753
- Website: wildwaterrafting.com
- Insider tip: You can purchase a Jeep tour and rafting package
7. Tennessee Mountain Tours
Tennessee Mountain Tours lets you tour the mountains from the comfort of a shuttle bus. The tours offer views, wine tastings and classic scenic routes around the Smoky Mountains. Enjoy specialty, seasonal tours and learn all about the Smokies from knowledgeable guides. Tennessee Mountain Tours also offers UTV rentals. Be sure to check Viator for special tours with breakfast included!
- Adult ticket prices: $24.99 and up (check Viator for deals)
- Phone: (865) 455-6981
- Website: tnmtntours.com
- Insider tip: Discounts are offered for seniors, military and groups of more than ten.
8. Rocky Top Tours
Rocky Top Tours offers tours of the Great Smoky Mountains through the comfort of a mini-coach. The tour options include the Smoky Mountains Special Tour, Historical Cades Cove, Dolly’s Rags to Riches and Foothills Parkway.
- Adult ticket prices: $40 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 2828 Parkway, Suite 20, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 429-8687
- Website: rockytoptours.com
- Insider tip: Online availability may be limited, call for details.
9. Gatlinburg Haunts
Gatlinburg Haunts offers ghost and history tours, which operate year-round. Guests learn about the dark side of Gatlinburg’s history as they visit iconic sites around the city. The tours last about one hour and cover one mile. Check Viator for specials and discounts.
- Adult ticket prices: $23.99 (check Viator for specials)
- Address: Tours begin at 115 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Website: ghostsofgatlinburg.com
- Insider tip: These tours are family-friendly and historical.
Have you taken a tour of the Smoky Mountains? Tell us about your experience in the comments.