With so much to see and do in The Smokies – we thought it would be helpful to create this little January round-up of upcoming local events throughout Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg! For a complete events calendar, check out our events calendar page. Want to add your event to the list – contact us here
Lights Over Gatlinburg at SkyLift Park
See the best views that Gatlinburg has to offer at the SkyLift Park. This year, the Park is wrapping the SkyBridge and SkyDeck with over 40,000 lights plus new decorations and features. If you’re visiting Gatlinburg anytime through January, don’t miss Lights Over Gatlinburg. For more information, visit the website.
- Where: Gatlinburg SkyLift Park
- Address: 765 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Now until January 31, 2022
- When: Daily, with admission
Ice Skating at Wilderness at the Smokies
Wilderness at the Smokies will once again convert the 3,200 square foot portion of the outdoor wave pool into an ice skating rink, where hotel guests and the public can have fun together in an outdoor, socially-distanced manner. Music and holidays lights will add to the fun atmosphere. The admission fee is included with room rates if guests use the code ICESKATE at the time of booking. Guests will be able to purchase admissions for $12.99 per person plus tax if not purchased at the time their room reservation is made. The general public can purchase at the rink for $17.99 plus tax including skates. A DJ will be onsite Fridays and Saturdays beginning November 12 from 7-10 pm. Skating lessons are offered each Saturday (except December 4) between 9-10 am, $15 for 25 minutes or $25 for 50 minutes. Reservations for lessons are required in advance at the Smoky Crossing Hut. Saturday, November 20, from 10 am-10 pm Wilderness will host a special fundraiser for Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee, where 100 percent of the public ice skating admissions will directly benefit the organization. December 4, from 7 am to noon, Cool Sports will be hosting a hockey game for folks to watch. Visit the website for details and updates.
- Where: Wilderness at the Smokies
- Address: 1424 Old Knoxville Highway, Sevierville, TN 37876
- Date: Now until Sunday, January 9, 2021
- When: 4-10 pm, Monday-Friday and 10 am-10 pm weekends, $12.99 – $17.99
Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Sevierville and the rest of the Smoky Mountains will shine as five million lights glow in celebration of the season. Smoky Mountain Winterfest turns Pigeon Forge shows and theaters into a special, seasonal experience. Dates are subject to change.
- Where: Sevier County, TN
- Address: Sevier County, Tennessee
- Date: Mid November 2021 to Mid February 2022
- When: Daily
Ladies Night at the Slopes
Ladies, bring 10 canned food items (or donate $10) and get a free night ski area ticket. Proceeds benefit the Sevier County Food Ministry. Does not include rentals. Visit the Ober Gatlinburg website for more information.
- Where: Ober Gatlinburg
- Address: 1339 Ski Mountain Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: December 14, 2021, January 11, 2022, February 8, 2022, March 1, 2022
- When: 6-10 pm, free with $10 donation of canned goods (or donate $10)
Free Music at Ole Red Gatlinburg
Here, at the only live music spot in Gatlinburg with hand-picked talent from Nashville, you never know who will take the stage most Friday and Saturday nights! Check the website for the updates.
- Where: Ole Red Gatlinburg
- Address: 511 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Month of January
- When: 5-10 pm, Friday and Saturday nights (see website for details)
Free Music at Puckett’s
Puckett’s is a restaurant and music venue that embodies true Tennessee culture through its signature comfort food and talented area artists and musicians. Puckett’s Pigeon Forge features live music most Saturday nights. Visit the website for updates.
- Where: Puckett’s Gro. & Restaurant
- Address: 2480 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Date: Month of January
- When: Most Saturday nights, 7:30 pm
Shadrack’s Christmas Lights Show
Shadrack’s is a drive-through light show, taking place from dusk until 10 pm nightly at the Smokies Stadium. Additional attractions are available, including photos with Santa, a petting zoo, pony rides, inflatables and food vendors. Tickets are available via the website, which you can follow for updates and more information.
- Where: Smokies Stadium
- Address: 3540 Line Dr, Kodak, TN 37764
- Date: TBD
- When: TBD
Homeschool Programs: Plate Tectonics and Earth Layers
Have you ever wondered how large structures like mountains or volcanoes are formed? The Earth is comprised of different layers, with the outermost layer being broken up into tectonic plates. Come out and explore the movement of these plates and how that movement has shaped the planet. Reservations must be made 72 hours in advance of the program date for both-in person and virtual programs. Each program will have a cap and this may be reached prior to the 72 hour mark. To reserve a spot, please book in advance. Homeschool families with annual passes receive additional discounts. The price includes an aquarium admission, prices are before tax. Follow the website to make reservations.
- Where: Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Address: 88 River Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
- When: 12:30-3:30 pm, adults $15, K-8 $16, 2-5 $6, virtual $6, under 2 free