With so much to see and do in The Smokies – we thought it would be helpful to create this little round-up of upcoming local events throughout Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg! For a complete events calendar, check out our events calendar page. Want to add your event to the list – contact us here.
The Listening Room Cafe
The Listening Room Cafe was founded in 2006 in historic Franklin, Tennessee by Chris Blair, a singer/songwriter himself. As he played around town, he realized he couldn’t find a local venue that he felt had the sound and atmosphere that the artists deserved. Blair also had a plan of expanding into other cities and growing his brand. In 2020, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, Blair set out to do just that. He fell in love with the beauty of the Smoky Mountain areas of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. And in July of 2021 after a long build-out, he opened his second location in the vibrant Mountain Mile area off of Teaster Lane. The Cafe is a destination for great food and drink in a true listening atmosphere where you can hear the stories behind the songs and make memories you’ll never forget. Visit the website to view the current calendar.
- Where: The Listening Room Cafe
- Address: 2703 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee 37863
- Date: Month of October, 2021
- When: Most days, $5 to $10, verify via the website
Kyker Farms Corn Maze
Kyker Farms invites you to enjoy an authentic farm adventure featuring corn mazes, hayrides, a pumpkin patch and much more. Local or Tennessee safety guidelines at the time will be in place. Follow the website for details and updates.
- Where: Kyker Farms
- Address: 938 Alder Branch Road, Sevierville, TN 37876
- Date: Now until Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
- When: Daily; $14.50 (ages 6 and up), $9 (ages 3-5), 2 and under are free
Smoky Mountain Sunrise at Gatlinburg SkyLift Park
Ticket holders for the Smoky Mountain Sunrise event will be able to board the SkyLift before dawn, enjoy live music on the SkyDeck, and have a complimentary coffee before watching a sunrise over the Smoky Mountains. Guests will have access to the SkyLift, SkyCenter, SkyBridge and SkyDeck, along with an exclusive sneak-peek of the SkyTrail before it opens to the public. For more information, visit the Facebook page.
- Where: Gatlinburg SkyLift Park
- Address: 765 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Tuesdays and Thursdays until-Oct. 31, 2021
- When: Loading SkyLift around 6:30 am, with regular admission
This annual event celebrates some of the time-honored traditions of the original OktOBERfest in Munich, Germany. OktOBERfest at Ober Gatlinburg is the best way to experience the Smoky Mountains in the fall. Changing leaves and cooler temperatures make it the perfect time to visit the area and enjoy this indoor/outdoor festival! Visit the webpage for details and updates.
- Where: Ober Gatlinburg
- Address: 1339 Ski Mountain Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Now until Oct. 31, 2021
- When: Regular admission, beer and food are billed separately
Fright Nights at Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October, Ripley’s Haunted Adventure multiplies the number of performers and features throughout the attraction. Children under 6 are not allowed due to the intensity of the attraction. Ages 6-11 must be accompanied by an adult. Visit the website for information.
- Where: Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
- Address: 908 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Month of October
- When: Friday-Sunday (6-11 cost $9.99, 12 and up cost $14.99)
Rocky Top Mountain Coaster Frightful Event
It’s almost here, prepare for FEAR “Coasts” and Goblins! Rocky Top Coaster offers this amazingly frightful event where monsters, vampires, ghosts and goblins abound. Visit the website for ticket information.
- Where: Rocky Top Mountain Coaster
- Address: 2940 Veterans Boulevard, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Date: Month of October
- When: During regular attraction hours
Dollywood Harvest Festival and LumiNights
Dollywood’s Harvest Festival, presented by Humana, is even more spectacular this season with thousands of carved and illuminated jack-o-lanterns immersing families in fabulous fall fun. Great Pumpkin LumiNights also features new pumpkin-themed food options, entertainment and interactive opportunities for park guests. For more information, visit the website.
- Where: Dollywood Theme Park
- Address: 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Date: Now-Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021
- When: Daily, with park admission
Autumn at Anakeesta
This fall, guests will be able to experience the many colors of autumn in the Great Smoky Mountains from Anakeesta, Gatlinburg’s award-winning outdoor family theme park. This year’s fall event will feature seasonal food, drinks, games, live entertainment and a variety of family-friendly activities. Movie times may vary based on the sunset, but the expected start time is around 7 pm, weather permitting. Live music and movie events are free with the purchase of admission. Visit the website for more information.
- Where: Anakeesta
- Address: 576 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Month of October
- When: Daily with park admission
Chalkfest at The Island
What better way to utilize The Island’s walkways than by turning them into a canvas? All artists, professional and aspiring, are invited to create a masterpiece. Chalk and concrete will be provided. This year’s theme is “Nature”. Prefer to watch? Come check out our featured artists and be sure to vote for your favorite community piece at the only chalk festival in Sevier County! Register online at the website.
- Where: The Island Pigeon Forge
- Address: The Island Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 (rain date Monday, Oct. 11, 2021)
- When: 8 am-6 pm, free parking and admission
Alcatraz East Honors National Police Week
Alcatraz East honors National Police Week with free admission for law enforcement. Guests and family are admitted at a 50% discount. Don’t miss this opportunity to visit this fascinating museum. Visit the Facebook page for details.
- Where: Alcatraz East Crime Museum
- Address: 2757 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Date: Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021-Sunday, Oct. 17, 2021
- When: Daily, free for law enforcement; guests, 50% discount
Monsters on the Mountain
Mark your calendar for this 3-day rock experience. Currently scheduled performers include Vixen, Eclipse, Liliac, Randy Hansen, Firehouse, Rhino Bucket, John Crab, Kix, Kingdom Come, Tesla, Ben Woods and more. Visit the website for more information and to buy tickets.
- Where: Leconte Center Pigeon Forge
- Address: 2986 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Date: Friday, Oct. 15, 2021-Sunday, Oct. 17, 2021
- When: TBD, admission $265 weekend pass and $150 daily tickets
Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair
Two hundred booths with handmade, unduplicated items will be on display at the Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair this fall. Each participant is subject to a rigorous jury process to ensure the uniqueness and quality of their respective products. Live music and DIY crafts are also scheduled. Concessions are available for sale through the Gatlinburg Convention Center. Visit the Craftsmen’s Fair website to learn more.
- Where: Gatlinburg Convention Center
- Address: 234 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Date: Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 7-24, 2021
- When: 10 am-5 pm ($10, cash only, for adults; 17 and under free with adult)