Disclosure: This site is sponsored by ads and affiliate programs. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
After being closed for two months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge has announced that they will be reopening on Friday, May 22.
“We are ready to welcome our guests back, it’s been a difficult time for many people and we hope to help by providing family fun for the day,” explains Ed Shaffer, general manager for WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge. “We’re in this together.”
WonderWorks Pigeon Forge conducted a survey, asking their followers when they would feel comfortable visiting once allowed to reopen. The survey results showed:
- Summer – 48%
- ASAP – 21%
- Fall – 14%
- Next Year – 6%
- Indefinitely – 11%
The survey showed that 69% of participants plan to visit within the next couple of months. The survey also asked people what would make them feel more comfortable about visiting. The information gathered from that survey was used, along with CDC guidelines, to put new safety measures into place for guests. According to the the WonderWorks website, the attraction is encouraging guests to:
- Stay home if you are sick, have a fever, or any other COVID-19 symptoms
- Sneeze and/or cough into the bend of the elbow
- Practice spatial distancing of 6 feet (this may cause wait times for entrance and exhibits)
- Move around WonderWorks in any order to avoid crowds/close contact
- Wash hands for no less than 20 seconds after restroom use
- Refrain from sitting on benches
- Wait in line for same-day re-entry when leaving the building
- Wear masks if possible (Guests are encouraged to wear masks, not required)
WonderWorks has also adopted the following temporary measures to promote a safe and healthy environment for guests by:
- Reducing capacity/hours (from 10:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.)
- Enhancing cleaning efforts
- Installing sanitizer stations throughout WonderWorks
- Closing water fountains
- Closing select interactive exhibits (including the ropes course and the rock wall)
- Requiring employees to wear a mask or bandana
- Giving employees health screenings daily
WonderWorks will also be disinfecting with CDC/EPA approved products.
“We want our guests and staff to feel comfortable during their time at Wonderworks,” added Shaffer. “As we planned our reopening, we made that a priority, and we are ready!”
WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge offers 35,000 square feet of “edu-tainment” opportunities, billing itself as an amusement park for the mind. It offers over 100 hands-on exhibits covering natural disasters and space discovery, an imagination lab, a physical challenge zone, a far out art gallery, and a light and sound zone. WonderWorks is open daily from 10:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit their website at WonderworksOnline.com.
Disclaimer: While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, attractions or prices mentioned in this article may vary by season and are subject to change. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any mentioned business, and have not been reviewed or endorsed these entities. Contact us at [email protected] for questions or comments.