Looking for a side-by-side rental or an ATV tour in the Smoky Mountains?
There are so many new ways to explore the mountainous roads with the wind in your hair, either on your own or with an expert tour guide.
Some tours are family-friendly, and others are more of a build-your-own adventure.
Below, we’ve found the top vendors in the Smoky Mountains to make it easy to select which option is best for you.
Can you ride side-by-sides or ATVs in the Smoky Mountains?
If you wish to experience the Great Smoky Mountains on an ATV or UTV, be sure to check out some of the great options below.
Often, ATVs rides are offered by a tour guide.
Street legal UTVs are allowed on roads that have a speed limit of 40 mph or less. However, be sure to read your rental requirements before getting on the road.
What’s the difference between an ATV and a side-by-side (UTV)?
An ATV is an all-terrain vehicle that typically accommodates single riders, although there are also models that allow additional riders.
ATVs are smaller than UTVs and can be more difficult to operate for beginners.
A UTV is an all-purpose utility task vehicle (often referred to as a side by side). UTVs can accommodate up to six passengers and are usually operated by a steering wheel and foot pedals.
Where can I find side by side rentals in the Smoky Mountains?
We have rounded up the best places to rent UTVs and ATVs in the Great Smoky Mountains below. Age limits often apply, and drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
Many of the rentals below are authorized for street use only, not for off-roading. Gas, insurance and other fees may apply.
Without further ado, below are our top picks for side by side, UTV and ATV rentals in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains area.
1. Rocky Top Adventure UTV Rentals
Rocky Top Adventure Rentals offer UTV rentals, Slingshot rentals and Jeep rentals. Many options are available, ranging from 2, 3, 4 and 6-seaters. Rent for as little as one hour or rent by the day. Riders must be 18 or older to rent a UTV or Jeep, and 21 years of age and older to rent a Slingshot.
- Price: $139 for two hours (many options are available, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 544 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Phone: (865) 210-8413
- Website: rockytopadventurerentals.com
- Insider tip: Rocky Top Adventure is dog friendly!
2. Foxfire Mountain (ATV tours)
Foxfire Mountain is an outdoor adventure park that offers hiking, ziplines and yes, ATV tours! You and your family can take an off-road adventure in the Smoky Mountains with a tour guide. This option is family-friendly since children 3 and up can ride. If you go to Foxfire, note that they sometimes offer some discounts on Groupon.
- Price: $79.95 per person (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 3757 Thomas Lane, Sevierville TN 37876
- Phone: (865) 412-7688
- Website: foxfiremountain.com
- Insider tip: Reservations recommended
3. Off-Road Gatlinburg
Off-Road Gatlinburg is open year-round, offering recreational vehicle rentals, Honda UTVs and Slingshots. The vehicles are all street legal and welcome in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Local maps and helmets are also included with the rentals.
- Price: Two hours start at $169 (many options are available, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 446 East Parkway, Ste 10, Gatlinburg TN 37738
- Phone: (912) 270-5222
- Website: offroadgatlinburg.com
- Insider tip: Military receives $10 off
4. Pigeon Forge Jeep and UTV Rentals
Pigeon Forge offers premier UTV rentals in the Great Smoky Mountains, and they provide maps with points of interest for drivers. Drivers must be 25 years of age with proof of insurance. They also offer Jeep Wranglers for rent.
- Price: Must call for hourly pricing
- Address: 2527 McGill St, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 440-7098
- Website: pigeonforgeutvrental.com
- Insider tip: $50 deposit is required to reserve
5. Mountain Riders UTV Rentals
Mountain Riders offer street-legal Polaris RZR vehicles that allow guests to explore all of the area’s mountainous roads. The Polaris RZR900s have hard-top roofs, stereos and offer two-seater and four-seater options. Riders must be 21 years of age or older.
- Price: Two hours starts at $140 (many options are available, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 1753 Wears Valley Rd, Sevierville TN 37862
- Phone: (865) 366-7359
- Website: mountainridersrentals.com
- Insider tip: Reservations are required (no deposit needed)
6. Smokey Mountain UTV Rentals, Inc.
Smokey Mountain UTV rental offers the thrill of exploring the Smokies from a street-legal UTV with 2, 4 or 6-seater options. Drivers must be 25 years of age or older.
- Price: Must call for hourly pricing
- Address: 3520 Teaster Lane, Ste 5, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 365-1033
- Website: smokeymountainutvrental.com
- Insider tip: Walk-ins are welcome, but rentals are not guaranteed without a reservation (25% deposit required)
7. Mountain Life UTV Rentals
Mountain Life UTV Rentals is conveniently located in Gatlinburg and offers street-legal UTVs for rent. They now offer 2020 and 2021 model UTVs with 2, 4 and 6-seater options. Drivers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Price: Two hours starts at $154 (many options are available, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 826 E Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Phone: (865) 412-1402
- Website: mountainlifeutvrentals.com/rent
- Insider tip: Dogs are also welcome!
8. Bluff Mountain Adventures
Bluff Mountain Adventures offers guided ATV trails that cover mountains, rugged terrain and offer incredible views. Riders under 16 years old must be 5’7” tall to participate. Tickets must be purchased in person.
- Price: $62 for an hour rental tour (many options are available, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 2186 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 428-7711
- Website: bluffmountainadventures.com
- Insider tip: This attraction is closed on Sundays
9. Jayell Ranch
Jayell Ranch is an outdoor adventure center offering ziplines, horse riding and of course, ATV rides. Take a 12-mile guided ATV tour of the Great Smoky Mountains with a knowledgeable guide and be sure to check out their other attractions while you’re there.
- Price: $69.99 per person (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 1131 Jayell Road, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Phone: (865) 776-1593
- Website: jayellranch.com
- Insider tip: Combo activities are available
10. Smoky Mountain Adventure Rentals
Smoky Mountain Adventure Rentals offers UTV, Jeeps and even motorcycles for rent in the Great Smoky Mountains area. Riders must be 21 years of age or older to rent. A valid driver’s or motorcycle license is required.
- Price: UTVs are $269 (options are available, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 4529 Bruce Ogle Way, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 748-5335
- Website: smokymountainadventurerentals.com
- Insider tip: A safety helmet will be provided for free
As always, vehicle renters need to check with each venue for policies on cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances. Remember to ask about refund policies.
Have you rented a UTV in the Great Smoky Mountains or tried an ATV tour? Let us know in the comments!