You haven’t been ziplining if you haven’t been Smoky Mountain ziplining.
If you’re visiting East Tennessee or Western North Carolina, definitely consider doing a zipline activity while you’re here.
If you’ve never tried it before, it’s a tour in which you’re strapped to an aerial runway with a pulley suspended on a cable, and then you fly through the treetops and take in the beautiful mountain scenery.
Sounds scary? You’ll be having too much fun to notice.
What is the best zipline in the Smoky Mountains?
The answer to this question is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you want a convenient location, or maybe you want to see a waterfall while you’re on a zipline.
Perhaps your budget is the forefront of your mind. We made a list of the top places in the Great Smoky Mountains so you can choose which is best for you. With these, you can’t go wrong.
How much does it cost to zipline in Gatlinburg?
If you go ziplining in the Gatlinburg area, it will likely cost about $80, on average. Of course, there are combo passes available, and each attraction is a little bit different.
Below, we list some of the top attractions along with the adult admission starting prices so you can easily compare which zipline will be best for you. Prices are subject to change. Be sure to bring snug, closed-toed shoes!
Note: Each zipline attraction will have weight and age requirements that may or may not be mentioned within this article. Please check the respective websites for more details.
1. CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains
CLIMB Works offers two world-class zipline tours: The Mountaintop Zipline tour and the Treetop Zipline tour.
The Mountaintop Zipline tour is a two-hour tour for ages 7 and up. It is rated easy-moderate and includes 6 lines, 4 sky bridges and an ATV ride to the top. The Treetop Zipline tour is 2-2.5 hours for ages 7 and up and is rated easy. It includes 9 lines, 3 sky bridges and an ATV ride to the top.
- Adult ticket prices: $89-$99 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 155 Branam Hollow Road, Gatlinburg TN 37738
- Phone: (865) 325-8116
- Website: climbworks.com
- Insider tip: This attraction is closed on Sundays
2. Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park
Foxfire Mountain offers ziplining, ATV rentals and a swinging bridge onsite. They offer a Waterfall Canopy Tour, the only zipline in the Smokies that zips over a waterfall. Its duration is 45 minutes-2 hours and fit for ages 7 and up. The Goliath tour is one of the longest and highest in the Smokies at 475 feet high and 55 mph. Riders must be at least 10 years old. Check Groupon for discounts and deals.
- Adult ticket prices: $89-98 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 3757 Thomas Lane, Sevierville, TN 37876
- Phone: (865) 412-7688
- Website: foxfiremountain.com
- Insider tip: Foxfire Mountain is family owned and operated
3. Legacy Mountain Ziplines
Legacy Mountain Ziplines is a zipline complex only minutes from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. This high-flying adventure is made for anyone 3 and up. Zipliners will fly through the air at speeds up to 50 mph and up to 500 feet high. The tour is about 2.5 hours and includes 7 lines. You can book with Viator and get a best price guarantee.
- Adult ticket prices: $119 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 800 Legacy Vista Dr, Sevierville TN 37862
- Phone: (888) 869-0289
- Website: legacymountainziplines.com
- Insider tip: Kids under 60 lbs must ride with a guide or adult
4. Rafting in the Smokies
Rafting in the Smokies is an adventure center where you can raft, zip, rope and rock, all in one place. The canopy tours offer 6 lines that range from 60-80 feet off the ground and are a total of 2400 feet long. Be sure to check out Groupon for discounts.
- Adult ticket prices: $39 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 813 East Pkwy, Gatlinburg TN 37738
- Phone: (800) 776-7238
- Website: raftinginthesmokies.com
- Insider tip: Rafting in the Smokies offers free on-site amenities such as picnic areas, a playground and nature trails
5. Smoky Mountain Ziplines and Canopy Tours
Smoky Mountain Ziplines offers 7 lines and two hours worth of thrills for a scenic family adventure through Pigeon Forge. This attraction is centrally located for convenience. Reservations may be required.
- Adult ticket prices: $89 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 509 Mill Creek Road, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 429-9004
- Website: smokymountainziplines.com
- Insider tip: Make a reservation online to get a discount
6. Adventure Park Ziplines
Adventure Park Ziplines offers a zipline tour on its 70-acre nature park with 7 lines that are 2,000 feet long. The Adventure Park also offers a horseback riding combo. Adventure Park allows riders as young as three to ride (but children under 16 are not allowed to zip alone). You can book with Viator and get the best price guarantee.
- Adult ticket prices: $75 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 1628 Parkway, Sevierville TN 37862
- Phone: (877) 287-6946
- Website: adventureparkatfiveoaks.com
- Insider tip: Horseback riding can be added for only $10 more
7. Wahoo Ziplines
Wahoo Ziplines offers 6 signature lines totaling 2 miles at speeds up to 40mph with heights between 45 to 250 feet off the ground. It’s a great way to get fantastic views of the Smoky Mountains. Big discounts can be found on their Groupon page which allow guests to save up to 29% off.
- Adult ticket prices: $89 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 605 Stockton Dr, Sevierville, TN 37876
- Phone: (865) 366-1111
- Website: wahooziplines.com
- Insider tip: Reservations are required
8. Jayell Ranch
Jayell Ranch is a ranch that offers ziplines, horse rides, ATV rentals, a slide and even cabin rentals. Choose a single activity or do combo passes to pick and choose your adventure. The 3-line course starts at $44.99 and the 6-line course starts at $69. Ages two and up may participate in ziplines.
- Adult ticket prices: $45-$69 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 1131 Jayell Road, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Phone: (865) 776-1593
- Website: jayellranch.com
- Insider tip: Jayell Ranch is first come, first served. Check in ends at 5 pm
9. Dueling Ziplines at Anakeesta
Anakeesta is an outdoor adventure spot located in the treetops of Gatlinburg with a treetop skywalk, a mountain coaster, play areas, shopping and dining … and of course a dueling zipline.
Guests can soar from tree to tree while enjoying beautiful views of the Smoky Mountains with rappels over 50 feet. Anakeesta is its own theme park, so be sure to arrive at the Chondala base station at least 1.5 hours in advance. Riders must be 7 years old and 70 lbs.
- Adult ticket prices: $53-57 (includes general admission, may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 576 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Phone: (865) 325-2400
- Website: anakeesta.com
- Insider tip: It can take some time to get back down the mountain if it’s crowded. Plan accordingly!
Read Also: Is Anakeesta worth the money? An honest review
10. Wildwater Pigeon River Canopy Tours
The Pigeon River Canopy Tour is the only canopy tour that soars over the Big Pigeon River, so it’s quite appropriately named. Riders can choose from the shorter River Ziplines Tour (about 2 hours) or the full length Waterfall Gorge Canopy Tour (about 3 hours). Riders must be 8 years old.
- Adult ticket prices: $65-89 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 3555 Hartford Rd, Hartford TN 37753
- Phone: (423) 721-8255
- Website: wildwaterrafting.com
- Insider tip: These tours are available seasonally from March-October
11. Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud
Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show and Adventure Park includes an interesting take on ziplining, a Flying Ox: The first of its kind zipline roller coaster that rides around the Lumberjack Square. Your adventure ticket includes two hours of fun for ages 5 and up.
A ticket includes access to the Flying Ox, the High Woodsmen Challenge, Loggersports and Timber Towers. Prices below reflect the Adventure Park portion of this attraction. Be sure to check Tripster for discounts to this attraction.
- Adult ticket prices: $40 (may vary by season, subject to change)
- Address: 2530 Parkway, Pigeon Forge TN 37863
- Phone: (865) 366-3330
- Website: lumberjackfeud.com
- Insider tip: Booking a package can save up to $10-15 per person
Have you tried any of these for a ziplines adventure? Let us know in the comments.
2 thoughts on “Best Ziplining in the Great Smoky Mountains: Our Top 11 ”
Are there any ziplines in the area that can accommodate a 315 pound 6’ 3” man?
I get that “the best” is in the eye of the beholder but from a locals perspective who has zipped at most or all of these, which one clearly stands out as the best? You know, with the best view/experience while zipping?
I don’t care about price or location, just care about the best view and experience. Anyone have this insight they can share?